SHARE is led by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) and the Center for Open Science (COS). Tyler Walters, dean of university libraries at Virginia Tech, is SHARE’s founding director. SHARE is further guided by the input and insights of an Advisory Board, a Joint Working Group, and an Operations Team.
The SHARE Advisory Board meets regularly to provide strategic direction for the project.
- Joyce Backus, Associate Director for Library Operations, National Library of Medicine (NLM), NLM Liaison to SHARE
- Florence Hudson, Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Internet2
- Heather Joseph, Executive Director, SPARC
- Rick Luce, Associate Vice President for Research and Dean of University Libraries, University of Oklahoma
- Clifford Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Elliott Shore, Executive Director, ARL, and Chair, SHARE Executive Committee
- MacKenzie Smith, University Librarian, University of California, Davis
- Michael Tanner, Chief Academic Officer and Vice President, APLU, and SHARE Executive Committee
- John C. Vaughn, Senior Fellow, AAU, and SHARE Executive Committee
- Tyler Walters, Dean of University Libraries, Virginia Tech, and Director, SHARE, ex-officio to SHARE Executive Committee
- Scott Waugh, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, UCLA
- Carol Whitacre, Vice President for Research, Ohio State University
The SHARE Operations Team oversees the day-to-day management and implementation of SHARE.