The SHARE developers have enhanced SHARE over the past few months, by back-harvesting a variety of metadata providers, and by implementing minor feature improvements and bug fixes in two SHARE releases (v2.13.0 in December 2017 and v2.14.0 in January 2018). In December, the SHARE team made updates to harvesting of University of Arizona campus repository endpoints feeding into ASU LiveData (an OSF Preprints instance powered by SHARE), Smithsonian Digital Repository, and Columbia University’s Columbia Academic Commons. In January, the team made harvester configuration updates to ScholarsArchive@OSU (Oregon State University), as well as harvester updates to NSF Awards to include all fields available. In addition, the many improvements part of recent SHARE releases are detailed below.
SHARE 2.14.0—January 11, 2018
Back end updates
- Add “author” to ATOM feed
- Preprint providers requested “author” be added to the ATOM feed so that their Twitter bots could include that information. Name normalization will be implemented over the next few weeks and users should see the results in twitter bots including https://twitter.com/LISSArchive, https://twitter.com/PsyArXivBot, and https://twitter.com/socarxivpapers.
- Allow making canonical sources at /api/v2/sources/
- We use “canonical” to mark OSF sources. This update supports creation of new SHARE sources using the OSF admin interface.
SHARE 2.13.0—December 19, 2017
Back end updates
- Add support for set blacklists
- Sources that follow OAI-PMH can choose sets to exclude from SHARE.
- Add management command to enforce source config settings (white/black list)
- If a source updates their white or blacklisted sets we can easily enforce the update on existing data.
- Fixed: ATOM feed encoding improperly
- The ATOM feed was encoding html entities too many times as reported in issue #718. Include isPartOf relation in elasticsearch results.
- In order to display the hierarchy of a work the relationship was added to the elasticsearch result (e.g., parent work > child work > grandchild work).
New features: Front end
- Added status page link in the footer
- Display nested isPartOf relations in the search results